Please note Genworth Financial is a company we represent. We are not Genworth Financial. If you would like to reach them directly regarding an existing policy please visit them at www.genworth.com.
Genworth Financial is headquartered in Richmond, VA. The company was originally founded as The Life Insurance Company of Virginia in 1871. The company is currently ranked 243rd on the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest companies. Genworth began offering long term care insurance on December 1, 1974.
Purchasing a long term care insurance policy from a long term care insurance company that is financially stable can be a critical consideration with long term care planning. Genworth Financial has a long history of receiving high marks from some of the insurance industry’s leading rating organizations. In 2010, Genworth Financial reported revenue in excess of $10 billion and profits of more than $140 million with more assets over $100 billion.
Genworth Financial Strength¹
- A.M. Best: A (3rd best out of 16 categories)
- Moody’s: A2 (6th best out of 21 categories)
- Standard & Poor’s: A (6th best out of 22 categories)
Genworth Long Term Care Insurance
Genworth Financial has been a pioneer in the long term care insurance industry. Since issuing their first long term care insurance policy in 1974, Genworth has remained a leader in the industry. Genworth currently insures more than 1 million long term care insurance policyholders. According to LIMRA, the Genworth Financial companies have more inforce long term care insurance coverage than any other company. Genworth Financial companies insure more than one out of every five individuals in the United States who have purchased an individual long term care insurance policy.
If you are thinking about obtaining long term care insurance coverage from Genworth Financial you should consider the following:
- Paid total claims of nearly $5.7 billion since 1974
- Pay more than $3.3 million in long term care insurance benefits each business day
- More than 124,000 claims have been paid – fewer than five percent have been denied
Genworth Financial offers three different long term care insurance strategies to assist in offsetting the financial impact of a long term care event. These strategies are as follows:
- Traditional Long Term Care Insurance. A fully-customized long term care insurance solution tailored to suit you and your family’s needs.
- Total Living Coverage. This solution combines universal life insurance and long term care insurance into one product.
- Total Living Coverage Annuity. This solution combines an annuity and long term care insurance rider. The annuity offers tax deferred growth, and long term care should a covered long term care event arise.
Genworth Financial is committed to providing long term care insurance products combine with outstanding policy services to their customers. For over thirty years Genworth Financial has been committed to long term care insurance to help policyholders preserve their financial independence.
Learn more about how Genworth long term care insurance can assist you. Request your Genworth long term care insurance quote today or contact a licensed long term care insurance professional by phone at (877) 402-2235.
¹ Current as of December 31, 2010